Tech Spot

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

iPod culture

I consider myself to be a technofile but, for some reasons, I just haven't jumped into iPods as enthusiastically as some others have. I do have to admit though, they are (or better yet, were) very technologically advanced when they first came out. And its slim, minimalistic design is really nice. Yes, their ads do please my creative side as well. But, with other products out now who may even be better (and cheaper, that's for sure), why would I want an iPod? Just so I can belong to the iPod cult? Should I start wearing black as I dance against a colorful background?

However, what is really interesting is how some smart people found a way to broadcast to these iPods, creating a whole new secondary technology called Podcasting. Enthusiasts are Podcasting left and right. Heck, even TV Guide is doing it! So, something that was developed by individuals who wanted to "stick it to the man" and become instant broadcasters without having to apply/wait for an FCC license, now is being used, well, commercially. I find that ironic.

I'm curious to know what will be the future of it, is it just a fad that will fade away soon or will grow and become the next radio.

1 Comments:

  • linx4u, I'm shocked to hear from YOU that you're willing to pay for news! :)

    By Blogger shqipo, at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home